Wednesday 12 March 2014

Bears back in action!

It has been a long time since I blogged, I almost forgot how to do it! Sometimes when life gets in the way and things take over you just have to go with it. My bear making has been on the back burner for a while now but if you have ever made a bear then you will know that it's well nigh impossible to quit forever! A custom order for a bear was all it took to set the wheels back in motion and searching through my mohair stash has another two bears just begging to be made.
I wonder whether there's a cycle or rhythm to my creativity. I've heard it said that bear making is a perfect winter activity, one for those early dark nights where you want cosy up by the fire but I for one can't see to thread a needle when the sun has gone down! I guess spring and summer are when I'm at my most creative. Today definitely feels like spring and the mohair is out ready to be cut.
Do you have your own creative peaks and troughs according to the seasons?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hello! I've been a bit like you but it never goes away completely, welcome back x

Ginie-Lee said...

Hi Amanda, sometimes life gets in the way doesn't it! Hope all's well with you and the Pandy Potter Bears. Are you making any at the moment? I'm just putting the finishing touches to a well loved blue miniature :)