Thursday 5 June 2008

Shy.







Good morning folks. Sorry about the whingey post yesterday , I've been thinking about the situation and maybe the problem is with me really. Cris feels indifferent about the bears , he neither loves them or hates them and he has the right to think whatever he wants about them . I guess it's hard when someone close doesn't share your passion . I also think that I'm a little embarrassed about it because I'm a grown woman who loves teddy bears but I've gotta get over it!
I showed this little nameless bear to Cris last night and he was surprised cos seemingly to him the little cutie had appeared from nowhere! I'm not gonna be so secretive about my craft any more . Anyway I'm pleased with my new creation , I love the blue eyes and rosy cheeks ( which don't show up too well on the pic) . I tried out a new technique for the nose . I think it's my best bear yet ! There's still some tweaking to be done but there's a certain shyness about this one that I really like. Will show the finished bear next week . x

7 comments:

All Bear by Paula said...

Ah, what a shame Ginie-Lee! Men huh? Hmph. I don't think my other half really 'gets it' either. He's an accountant ... what more can I say?!!!! I've been bear-making for many years and all I can say, is please don't be bugged by your husband's lack of enthusiasm - it can be a good thing that you both have separate interests, I love that my creative self is all my own!!! Really sweet bear by the way ... love those little rosy cheeks!

Ginie-Lee said...

Thanks for your kind words Paula, I think you're right about having separate interests after all we wouldn't want to be carbon copies of each other! I love being creative and I'm sure he understands this ( I get a little stir crazy if don't make anything all week ) ha ha poor Cris having to put up with me! Anyway have a great weekend and good luck at the artists show!! Oh and thanks for the comment about my new bear xx

mushroommeadows said...

What an adorable little guy! He's SUPER cute! :)

indiminula said...

Poor you, I just read your last couple of posts (i came to get the URL so i can add a link to you on my blog) I think it must be really hard for you and he sounds like he's letting you down a bit. My husband wouldn't make a bear himself but he has a really soft side (well more like soft 98% bless him) but he always makes sure he is very supportive about anything that I love. He always says how good they are and how cute, he knows what to say to make me happy and its his effort that counts. I think its awfull to that you have to feel like you need to hide it from him. I think you should sit him down and tell him how that makes you feel, mabye he doesn't realise how hurtfull he's been if you have been keeping it to yourself? Oh look I'm droning on like Oprah again, someone shoot me. I think you bears are soooo precious, love the blue eyes on this one. You keep up the good work and I hope you are feeling better, Sarahx

indiminula said...

Hi Ginie-Lee, thanks for the kind comments. I know your right, I'm just impatient to buy more mohair ha ha! Had a lovely dinner out (without babies!) for my birthday so I'm feeling happier now too. I'm so glad your feeling better, I guess things that seem really awfull when your down often sort themselves out and then you look back and wonder what all the fuss was about, I know I do! Sarahxxx

indiminula said...

Oh and thanks for the tip by the way, I have an old peice of gold fabric round so I will have an experiment and see what I get!

Ginie-Lee said...

Hi Sarah glad you enjoyed your birthday and good luck with the dye!! let me know what happens xx