Wednesday 26 March 2008

Pink to make the bears wink!!











Think I must be going thru a bit of a pink phase at the mo. I found a picture of the most darling old Chad Valley bear and it's given me inspiration to make something with a vintage air about it. I dyed some mohair and to my utter astonishment it's turned out better than I expected and looks v similar to the old bears mohair . Although the pic may not show the true colour , it is a lovely shade of soft faded pink. I've started my pink bear today and am pleased with the results so far!!! The other pics are of some scrummy pink earrings that I made and a photo from my wedding last July .As you can see my husband and I are surrounded by a sea of pink! Pink to make the bears/boys wink ;-)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

You and me both Ginie! Pink, I've never been a pink girl but I love how it looks on vintage bears. Bet this bear turns out just right. x

Ginie-Lee said...

Thanks for the encouragement Amanda! So far so good , just waiting for a few supplies to arrive from Bear Basics before I can finish it.Can't wait! x

All Bear by Paula said...

A great bear to choose for inspiration! There's something very feminine and cosy about pink ... love your pretty pink bridesmaids by the way. Good luck with your pink vintage project ... will look forward to reading all about it.

Ginie-Lee said...

I agree it's a great inspiration , it really stood out in the book and I kept flicking back to take another look so decided to style my bear somewhere along the same lines.Glad you like the bridesmaids they're my two daughters,sister,niece and best friend and I made all the dresses - nightmare! Never again!!!